Hi Beautifuls, here is my latest Small Business Spotlight!!! Take a moment to watch the video and read the Q&A to learn more about Fatemeh’s Jewelry & Accessories!!!
What is your name and where are you from? Fatemeh Grant. I live in the central valley of California.
Can you tell us a little about your company (name, what you offer, when established, etc)?
- Fatemeh’s Jewelry & Accessories was established in 2010. I offer handmade beaded or crochet jewelry, hair accessories, hair products and crochet items.
What was your inspiration behind starting the brand and for each design?
- I was bored one day and just starting crocheting earrings. I would make something and put it aside and my sister gave me the idea to start selling them. I really don’t have an inspiration for each design. It just pops in my head. If the beads or yarn aren’t in front of me I’ll make a drawing and write what beads/material I want to use and make it later.
What distinguishes Fatemeh’s Jewelry and Accessories from other brands?
- My items are one of a kind. In the past, I would only make 1 of each item but I had to start duplicating items per customer request. Ask and you shall recieve. I also pride myself in having reasonable prices.
What challenges have you faced with starting the line?
What personal goals would you like to accomplish with your business?
- No personal goal. Its something I’ve added to my list of hobbies.
Do you have any advice that you would offer to an aspiring entrepreneur?
- Do what you love and love what you do. Don’t let people discourage your dream. It will be slow in the beginning but hang in there and don’t give up.
And finally, how do we get our hands on Fatemah’s Jewelry and Accessories?
- You can purchase my items online. www.fnggrant.etsy.com. Im offering you Im Just Jackie followers a 10% discount. coupon code: IMJUSTJACKIE.
Also if you are also a fellow Naturlista! Why did you decide to go natural?
- I went natural before I found out about the natural hair community. I went natural a couple of times because I wanted a change.
How long have you been natural? Did you transition or did you big chop?
- I’ve been natural (for the second and last time) since 2007 when I BCd. I starting locing in Oct 2012.
What has been the most rewarding part of your natural hair journey?
Has anything been a challenge on your journey?
- Those dang split ends. LOL. Thats why I started locing. I got tired of cutting 2-4″ off each year. Although I was hitting milestones, I still had that setback.